Blogs are everywhere these days. With a few clicks any person can voice their opinions in a public forum on any subject – instantly. They rival newspapers and other professional sources as a source of insight and information, and while many offer little redeemable value there are blogs out there that know what they’re talking about.
With that in mind we searched the web looking for the 10 best investing blogs. We looked for independent finance and investing blogs that operate outside of the mainstream and offer non-biased analysis. We looked for contrarian writing that presents solutions and interpretations of the news rather that simply repeating the headlines.
Here’s a list of some of the 2010 Best Investing and Finance Blogs:
1. Dr. Housing Bubble – Providing a “candid account of what is going on in today’s housing market ,” the writers of this helpful blog analyze the causes, effects, and implications of the housing bubble – one of the largest asset bubbles of all time.
2. Zero Hedge – “On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.” This cynical economic blog writes under the veil of pseudonyms (site founder “Tyler Durden” borrows his moniker from the film Fight Club) as a shield for their dissident opinions. Believing in the power of free speech, the blogs aims, among other things, to “skeptically examine, and when necessary, attack the flaccid institution that financial journalism has become…[to] provide analysis uninhibited by political constraint…[and to] facilitate information’s unending quest for freedom.”
3. Mark Hanson Advisers – Run by mortgage bank vet Mark Hanson, this informative blog aims to turn the “daily, market-moving real estate and mortgage news flow and events into old news by the time it makes headlines.” His years of experience and training have allowed him to consistently make accurate and timely decisions about the housing and mortgage market.
4. Reggie Middleton’s BoomBustBlog – Using his background in financial analysis, freethinking and independent entrepreneur Reggie Middleton operates his BoomBustBlog outside of mainstream Wall Street. To ensure his research and analysis are of the highest quality, Middleton “assembled his own talented research staff…to pursue, analyze, and capitalize on global macroeconomic opportunities.”
5. Cara Community – Canadian investor and broker-dealer firm founder Bill Cara offers his insight on capital markets and social equity. Despite moments of eccentricity, he consistently presents explanations of the markets and his analysis in comprehensive detail.
6. Mish’s Global Economic Trend Analysis – Mike “Mish” Shedlock, a registered investment advisor representative for SitkaPacific Capital Management, runs this economic and financial blog that features daily commentary. “Mish” has also contributed to The Daily Reckoning.
7. Seeking Alpha – Comprised of over 60 contributors, including financial advisors, portfolio managers, analysts, and traders, Seeking Alpha is actually network of financial blogs. Thanks to its size and resources, this blog has articles and posts on an extensive array of topics that are clearly organized and easy to access.
8. Infectious Greed – Paul Kedrosky is the editor of Infectious Greed and is a renowned financial market analyst for CNBC television. His success as an investor as well as his degrees in economics of technology, finance and engineering color his unique and discerning analysis.
9. The Big Picture – Writing on investing, markets, and the economy for the past 15 years, Barry Ritholtz (with contributors) continues his analysis with The Big Picture, a blog designed to be easily accessible to people without a PhD in economics. He describes it as a “compendium of what a Wall Street money manager is looking at, thinking about, and writing on.” Barry Ritholtz has also contributed to The Daily Reckoning.
10. Peridot Capitalist – Run by the founder and President of Peridot Capital Management LLC Chad Brand, Peridot Capitalist has been touted as one of the best investment blogs on the web since its start in 2004. Specializing in customized personal finance and investment management services, Brand started the site to “open his knowledge base and asset management services to those outside his immediate family.”
Bonus Best Investing Blog Picks
11. Whiskey and Gunpowder and The Penny Sleuth – Both published by Agora Financial, these newsletters deliver the latest market research and advice everyday. The Penny Sleuth is one of the top sources for “actionable independent penny stock analysis, options strategies, and high growth opportunities.” Favoring commodities and opposing market intervention, Whiskey and Gunpowder features “insightful articles that explore a range of topics, including commodities, politics, technology, history,” and offers readers “in-depth analysis that the mainstream media will never give you.”
These are some of the best investing blogs the internet has to offer. Each is written with intelligence, consideration, and a bit of humor. However, this list is by no means exhaustive as there are plenty of other great investing blogs out there, and we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to write in the comment section about the investing blogs you read and trust.
Thanks for reading this installment of The Daily Reckoning Best of Series: The 10 Best Investing and Finance Blogs
Michael MacLeodResearch Assistant for The Daily Reckoning
Michael K. MacLeod is completing his degree at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. majoring in Economics with minors in Music and Philosophy. Adhering to the Austrian School of economics, he is a firm believer in evolutionary economics and is particularly fond of Joseph Schumpeter and his book Capitalism, Socialism and Democracy. Michael hopes to bring his idea of '"creative destruction" to The Daily Reckoning on a daily basis, where he currently works as the Research Assistant.
As well as the DR, here are my favorite sites: Once a week market commentary from Dr. John Hussman: http://www.hussmanfunds.com/index.html
Another fund company, once a week, and an easy read: http://www.comstockfunds.com/
And of course, John Mauldins site, an acute observer of current and future trends: http://www.investorsinsight.com/
Thanks for the list.
Jesse’s Cafe Americain -http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/
Naked Capitalism, http://www.nakedcapitalism.com and Calculated Risk, http://www.calculatedriskblog.com are not primarily investment blogs, but offer insights useful in that endeavor (with those who comment at Calculated Risk being especially edifying). And a second thumbs up for Jesse’s Cafe Americain as well.
Another good one is charts and coffee at http://www.chartsandcoffee.com
Nice list you’ve compiled here and serves as a good tool for those looking for new resources. Infectious Greed, Peridot, and Barry’s Big Picture are all definite must reads.
Not sure if you’re aware of our site but wanted to toss it out for you to check out. We cover hedge fund portfolio movement on a daily basis to see what the smart money’s up to: http://www.marketfolly.com
Also, I’d toss in some recommendations for Pragcap.com and AbnormalReturns.com if you were unaware of those as well.
I think you’re missing one! http://www.farnamstreetblog.com/
I really enjoy your service. Please check ny blog I really enjoy your service. Please check ny blog http://investingadvicebygeorge.blogspot.com/
Thanks, Nice list you’ve compiled here and serves as a good tool for those looking for new resources.
The list looks great. I was expecting http://www.takeshiyashima.com there in the list, as I found it to be worth and competitive.
The new investment is booming in 2011 from the UK
with an official certificate and a valid address
please visit my blog to learn more about this investment in:
Be a successful mining in your city
Invest with http://www.microsoftinvestment.co.uk and get quality services,
I was looking for blogs providing good advice and which can teach you or help beginning investor and mostly I found websites which provide good general info, but not practical application advice. As a DIY trader and investor it is hard to start and progress successfully. So as soon as I learn and progress in investing the way that I will be able to teach others, I will do so on my own blog and for free. Promise
I am searching for blog from which i can find out plans for investing ina long term process but still it good see your blog and link i had open
Looks like your site is getting alot of visitors.
Thanks, this has saved me a lot of time and stopped me having to look through lots of average blogs to find good ones.
Yes, Dr. Housing Bubble blog is good. I thought to mention that, we also put significant effort to guide the community with financial opportunities, risks and how to get rid of those. You are cordially invited to http://www.takeshiyashima.com.
I liked Dr. Housing Bubble and the Building Wealth Blog (www.takeshiyashima.com). Others have some good points as well.
Thank for the list and information.
you have post a wonderful blog list this will really helpful for investors who are searching blogs and articles. Thanks for sharing..
Thank you for the list, which i am sure it will help investors and traders find more information.
This is a very good list, my favorite ones are seeking alpha and zero hedge.
A great list. Thanks.
Very informative list
Thanks for the great list.
Thanks for posting!
Replacement Responsible Entity
Would like to share this with everyone who is new to pennystock.
Very informative list. but not one of them mentioned hydro energy products. creating a diverse portfolio is recommended for any savvy investor. i’ve been with these guy for quite a while and they haven’t failed me. http://www.andersenvale.com
Here is one you may like! http://investorshangout.com
Investors Hangout is an all free stock message board website with over 19,000 stock boards fully equipped with a chart and stock quotes for the NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX and OTC BB / Pink sheets. Investors Hangout memberships include unlimited posting and private messaging from user to user and the ability to create and manage their own boards.
If you believe in Gold, you will find this useful. We have a new savings plan that is linked with Gold, and you should check if this works for you.
Those are very good investing blog which give me a good sign to invest and i learn a lot from it.
Making money in this economy can be hard. Two years ago I taught myself how to make a full time income online by putting my money in the right places. If your interested in learning how to work from home email me at CMFARCHER@GMAIL.COM or reach me at 1-518-396-7952
Great list here. Thanks for the insight. Hopefully the Supreme Court ruling on Obamacare doesn’t send the market into a downward spiral.
do not find solution …?really want to invest ..check this site ..it’s all about investment ..really a nice one ..http://investguidelines.blogspot.com/
Pingback: Oliver Dodd | london letting agents, london rental agencies, flats to rent in london
This review is really very helpfull for me. I’ve totally agree with with GE capital Small Business Finance its a great provides..Thank
Pingback: Review Investor Sibuk Penipuan? | ferdie dermawan penipu? - Catatan Perjalanan Spiritual, Pengembangan Diri, Ide, Informasi, Hobi, Ilmu, wisdom, Filosofi, idealism dan Pemikiran .To Reach Highest Human Potentiality. - FajarNurzaman
Thanks for the list. I’m surprised that most of the links are still currently.
Nice collection. Thanks for putting all those informative website together. Helped alot.
Pingback: Banks, share market and Blogging – a success combo « charlestontelles
great resources, I use most of them
thanks for the list
Hey…nice collection of such investing blogs. I was also searching such compiled list since a long time and at last I found it here. Keep it up in future too.
Thanks ichael K. MacLeod really gives good information
Also a nice site: “long-term-investments.blogspot.com” with over a million hits per year. The blog releases the best daily ex-dividend stocks and pick every day the best dividend growth stocks related to an investment theme.
Since recent times I have experienced a dramatic turn-around in online earning.You can actually increase your income by threefolds each month.I offer free mentoring on how to make money become your slave. Contact me on Skype at : “carbym2k6″ You may greet me with the slogan “ready for growth”
You will be interested in the biggest online buzz. Join me at Skype: “carbym2k6″ to find out some eye opening occurrences. type”ready for growth” as your welcome message
You should read about Elliott Wislar, the CEO at Clearbrook Global Advisors.
You can read more about that here as well
Another site you may find useful is http://www.fundgurus.co.uk where two professional investment analysts provide daily views on macro themes, markets and investments aiming to relate what occurs in the news to investment ideas.
Nice collection shared by you, thanks for it
try this link for new investment ideas.
Pingback: Get Facebook Likes
After rising 3% out of the gate after Thursday’s bloodbath, the Japanese index embarked on a wild ride.
The American Association of Petroleum Geologists was nice enough to schedule its 2013 annual convention at my hometown of Pittsburgh…
Given a choice, Bernanke will likely strangle the currency (your money)... in favor of “strengthening” the economy.
Eventually, economic reality and markets will collide -- unfortunately, the higher the market, the harder the fall.
How certain business practices wind up jacking up costs before sticking you with the bill.
If the Maker Movement Is So Great, Where’s Our Flying Car?