Best Gold Blogs
Continuing The Daily Reckoning’s series on the Best Blogs, in this article we explore The Best Gold Blogs You Should Be Reading. After you review the list let us know if there are other Best Of Gold Blogs in the comment section below.
The current economic difficulties have left most investors with a deep-seeded feeling of insecurity. And with good reason too…
With the US dollar index plummeting around 25% since 2000, the need for secure investment opportunities is at an all time high. In fact, even today the average lifespan for paper currency is only 39 years.
As Voltaire (1694-1778) famously said, “paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero.”
With the death of modern fiat currency quickly approaching, there’s never been a more important time for you to hold the one resource that has existed as a stable store of value for generations – gold.
Put simply, investing in gold and other precious metals is one of the best ways to protect yourself from currency debasement. Many financial analysts identify it as the most sensible option in the current economic situation and believe that precious metal bullion prices will only rise in the future. To help secure your non-paper currency future…
Here are the Best Gold Blogs you should be reading right now:
1. Bill’s Blog – With 37 years experience in the industry and as the current head of CMI Gold and Silver Inc, one of the nation’s oldest gold and silver dealers, Bill Haynes is an expert when it comes to precious metal bullion trading. With articles intended to keep readers up to date on new information related to investing in gold and silver, his blog straightforwardly promotes the benefits of owning gold and silver. According to Bill, “with massive inflation by the Fed to finance our welfare sate and foreign wars, [there is] a greater need to own gold and silver now than any time in [my] 37 years as a bullion dealer.”
2. Dollar Collapse – Run by financial author John Rubino, this site follows the current collapse of the US dollar and offers ways to profit from it. He advocates investing in gold in the face of what he believes is a fiat currency collapse. The site is frequently updated with new articles to keep readers on top of this “complex story…[with its] moving parts and a constant flow of new information.”
3. Ed Steer’s Gold and Silver Daily – A daily blog highlighting the important stories on gold and silver, Ed Steer uses thorough research of market trends to bring about his conclusions. He is a financial analyst and a correspondent for Casey Research working closely with gold, and each day he examines the 24-hour prices of gold and silver for any indicators or trends that might benefit his readers.
4. Gold and Silver Blog – This blog shares timely news and commentary on the gold and silver investing world. While it only updates with new articles about once a week, they are detailed and concise. With their own analysis and critique of the mainstream media’s coverage, this is a great site to find an independent non-biased voice on precious metal trading.
5. Gold & Silver Forecast – From Bob Chapman, the writer of The International Forecaster, a subscription-based economics newsletter, comes this specialized blog with his ideas of the present and future of gold and silver trading. An extremely successful stockbroker – one of the world’s largest in gold and silver from the 1960’s-80’s, the now-retired Chapman updates this site about twice a week with new articles (although they are not always specifically focused on gold and silver).
6. Assurance Trading Gold Industry Blog – This blog, run by the “experts in gold trading” from Assurance Trading, offers news updates and advice on the gold industry. They follow the trading price and status of gold, and strongly encourage the reader to buy gold
7. Whiskey and Gunpowder – Although not focused on gold investing, Whiskey and Gunpowder offers precise and unique advice on a range of topics from gold trading, commodities, politics, technology, and history. In addition to a rotating cast of excellent contributors, the regular contributors include “polymath oil man Byron King (economics, history and geology), financial and commodities expert Dan Denning, and renowned author and urban historian James Howard Kunstler.” Through independent and non-biased study, Whiskey and Gunpowder delivers analysis you will never get from the mainstream media.
With these helpful gold blogs, you will have the advice and analysis you need to weather the current economic uncertainties and perhaps try your hand at investing in precious metal bullion. Gold investments have historically been exceptionally stable, especially in times of economic crisis (any coming to mind?).
As this is in no way a comprehensive list, if you know of or are fond of any gold/silver/precious metal investing blogs, please let us know in the comment section.
Thanks for reading…
Research Assistant for The Daily Reckoning